Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Great Juggling Act...Starring...ME!

I think that I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew this weekend. If the weather works out, I think that I can get everything done. But that is looking like a big “if.”

First off, let’s start with the yards that I need to get done. I have the front and back yard to do at my house. My backyard I am not too concerned about if I don’t get it done, because no one sees it. But my front yard is my pride and joy. After all, I have a rep I need to keep up, so I better get it done. It is starting to look shaggy.

I also have 2 clients’ yards that need to get done. Well, OK, they are my only 2, but saying it that way makes it sound like I have some others built up. One of those yards will not take me any time at all to do. But when I get home from that house, I have to scrape and hose out the deck of my lawn mower, since I am essentially mowing her weeds and Bermuda grass. (Two things I DO NOT want in my yard. I already have to beat back my neighbor’s Bermuda every week.)

The other house is my boss at work. Her yard is bigger, and I have a lot of edging that I have to do there, but her grass is in tip top condish. So there is no need to clean my mower afterwards. But since it is my first time over there this year, it could take 1-2 hours to get it done. And since I am such a nice guy, I think I will bring my hose over and spray off her house. I mean, if I am going to make her yard look perfect, I might as well clean off her house too.

So that is what I have to get done for yard work, which brings me to the second set of jobs that I have planned out. If you have read this blog before, or my wife’s blog, you know that I love to wash cars. Before I was married, I would wash my car every other day, and wax it at least once a week. Yes, that is right, not just once a week, but at LEAST once a week. I was pretty anal about keeping a nice looking car. Sure, my friends would make fun of me, but I was trying whatever I thought I could do to get chicks. I mean, if you are in your early 20’s, and you take a girl out, wouldn’t you want to surprise her that she gets to sit in a clean car, and not one where she ends up sitting on used Slurpee cups and Twinkies wrappers?

With that being said, last year I started to detail cars for other people. I figured that I might as well start trying to make some money off of something I love to do. And since we have an upcoming trip to So Cal next month, I thought that if I could get a few cars in, I could cover our gas for the way down. And it might buy me an extra day at Disneyland. Or more In-n-Out.

So for this weekend I also have two details that I am going to do. One is for a co-worker, who owns a Ford Explorer that she wants to sell. And the other one is something that I haven’t done before, but I don’t think that it will be too much different. We have some friends who own a boat, and last night I got a call asking if I could detail the boat for them. Her husband has been saying for awhile that he was going to get out and clean it up, but since he is so busy, he never has a chance to. I am planning on getting the boat done on Friday morning, and doing the Explorer Friday afternoon.

As you can see, I have a lot planned for this weekend. And I thought that it wouldn’t be a problem. Then I saw the weather report for Saturday. As luck would have it, there is supposed to be rain. And since the two different types of tasks I have planned don’t work out to well in the rain, you can see why I am stuck. So here is what I am planning to do. Get my yard and one client’s yard done tonight. Do the details on Friday, and hope for the best on Saturday that it won’t be a downpour, and get the other yard done. Oh yes, and I am getting my lettuce trimmed on Saturday too. Wish me luck!

And everyone enjoy The Office tonight. Hopefully it will be better than last week. And hopefully Michael dumps Jan and her falsies.

10 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I can see that our weekend is going to take some great time management skills. We can do it..er....you can do it. I'll contribute by caring for our children so you can focus. Hopefully it's nice tomorrow while you are detailing...the girls would enjoy playing out front while you do that. If they bug you, I'll bring them in.
So you are trying to plan an extra day at Disneyland??? Ambitious. It's going to be a pretty busy week in SoCal. I am hoping it's warm enough to take the girls to the rec center. I think Lex and Lor would have a blast in that kiddie pool. Love you. Good luck this weekend. I'll try to get home quickly tonight.

Kristen said...

Thank you for recognizing how lucky I am to have Mike. I definitely feel very fortunate and have a lot of blessings to count! We think it would be awesome if our families met someday! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Son, I was kinda hoping that if the weather was good enough Lisa and I could take the girls to the Library Park. I really miss doing that with them. I'm also planning to come over and have Lori model a new dress for my etsy site.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Donald you are so funny:) While I was reading I kept on thinking about the weather. Rob and I did alot of yard work last week replacing river rock with the big slate looking rock...Looks great:) I just want it to get warmer out too. I am glad you like to keep your cars clean I do too...I don't know how people spend so much money on a car and don't take care of them! Anyway, have a good time...You guys are adorable:-)

Alicia said...

Wow. Your ambition is impressive! I hope the weather works out for you!

Jan said...

Keep on keeping on Donald. You are very geared up for the weekend. Your so Punny.......

The Jan

My Three Sons said...

Best of luck with your yardwork....my husband can empathize! He also has to wash our windows...they're terrible. I'm glad you got your wish and that Michael dumped Jan, I think she definitely deserved it :) (Psycho!) Also....I'm glad you enjoyed my playlist...if you like Death Cab we will get along famously! Tiny Dancer just happens to be one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists! Very good taste..

Tara said...

I enjoyed your post teaching your daughter to bike ride. So funny. Can we send our son over?

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh... picking up chicks, cant picture that... its just not right. you and lisa are!!! hahahahahaha. you're a busy guy w/ your lawns and cars!!!! :]

-courtney

Alicia Leppert said...

At least it didn't snow, right? I heard that was in the forecast as well.