Sunday, April 6, 2008

Moron of the week...heck, even of the year!

I got this video via email at work last week, and have been meaning to share this with of you. I guess that this happened in South America. I know that whenever I need to see the level of fuel in a 5000 gallon fuel truck, the first thing that I do is whip out my trusty zippo, light it up, and give a little looky loo inside the tank.


Also, thanks to all of you who swamped my last post with comments. It was very flattering that every hour I would look, and there would be 2 or 3 more comments. Thanks to Lisa, for taking pity on me and directing people my way.

I had already decided a few weeks back to stay away from political posts, and after reading comments from people, I realized that I made a good move. After all, everyone needs to have a place to go to get away from the dregs of the day, and to have a good chuckle.

One more thing. I have been waiting for this weekend to come, because I had this great blog planned out for celebrating my North Carolina Tar Heels going to the 'ship. And then they went and lost yesterday. And an ugly loss it was. In fact, at one point they were down 40-12. If I hadn't been lying on the couch in pain from a minor surgery I had Friday, I would have been jumping up and down, screaming at the TV. Oh well, at least there is always next year.

9 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

FIRST!

Oh, and sorry about your tarred heels... :)

Jan said...

And they give blondes a bad time.
That video scares me at the level of loss, of common sense we have now. Sorry about the surgery. I hope you get recovered quickly so you can resume jumping up and down.
It was fun watching you be flooded with comments the other day. Love that Lisa. Keep posting.

The Jan

Amy said...

I love your blog advisory. I often have to make some major edits to cut back on my wordiness, then I call rach and make her check it out, just to double check that its not too long! SO lame! Thanks for the comments. I had decided that I wouldn't admit to reading anyone elses until they commented me, lame, again. Rach and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs...and now, we're willing to admit it. And now that I am actually doing this, I feel bad for all the times I never commented. And apparently I can't leave short comments either!

Alisa said...

Hehehee...what a game! Go Kansas! My brother is completing his Doctorate at UNC...but I'm sorry...I'm cheering for the old home team!

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

Your salsa is on my mom's blog. Check it out. The video was scary.
Bye bye.

Lisa Christine said...

Poor UNC. Like you said, there's always next year. Love you. Heal quickly.

Kristi said...

Oh wow. That poor guy. In so many ways. Hope you're feeling back to normal soon (maybe even already!).

libbie said...

I heard about that minor surgury . . . . I don't think you should stay away from political posts! I happen to love the stuff!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. are you serious?! okay, this really does prove the survival of the fittest idea doesn't it? i mean really... and i hope you feel better soon. that coke is headed your way, but it'll be a surprise :]

-courtney