Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's all good now!

There has been a problem that I have ran into since Lisa and I started to Blog a few months back, and I finally found a solution. When I seceded and started up my own blog, somehow our two blogs were still connected. The "about me" section of my blog still had her about me info. Then, whenever I wanted to leave a comment on someone else's page, it would show that Lisa left it. This led to nothing but confusion, as most of you can attest to.

So then I started to leave comments that just had my name at the bottom, along with my blog address so people would know who posted the comments. Unfortunately, this was not a fix all by any means, since there seems to be a number of bloggers who don't look kindly onto non signed in blogger people leaving them comments. So I would sign in, and once again be confused with my lovely wife. But yesterday the little light bulb (a real lightbulb, not those crappy swirly ones that take forever to light up) went off in my head, and I finally found the cure to my ills.

I must admit, I didn't come up with this all on my own. I have Mr. Dirty>South, a.k.a. Jared from 5 Minutes Wasted to thank. Yesterday he left me a comment about showing me his Wii Code, and in return me showing him mine. And since I know that he and his wife Mrs. Hai Karate, a.k.a Lindsay both write on the same blog, I was intrigued that the comment he left has his own little picture on the comment, and not Mister Miyagi's new student's pic. So I decided to dig into the options of the blogger, and see what I could come up with. And I found what I was looking for.

Now, I must say right now that I am pretty computer literate. I mean, I am not on a computer programmers' level, but there isn't much that I can't figure out. In fact, at work I have a lot of people that will come and get me instead of calling the help desk, because that way there is no annoying music to listen to while they wait. With that being said, I have no clue how I did not figure this out any sooner. I did look a few times to try and figure it out, but I could never pinpoint where I had to go. And then I found it, right in plain English. All I had to do was place another author on the blog, and I was in like Flynn.

So, I did it. I have now severed this blog completely away from Lisa's. I know have my own about me section, which is loaded with facts about me. I encourage you to check it out, you may learn a thing or two. I can also now leave comments on other people's page, and no longer will they have to put any thought into who the comment is from. I even found a great pic with two of my favorite things in it, palm trees and the beach.

I must say, I am pretty happy for myself. I can't wait to start commenting on everyone's blogs! So watch out blog world, I am coming to get ya. Well, that is about it for tonight. Hope your Wednesday was as good as mine. Even if I did lose the mikeymix.com 80's music mix contest. But on that subject, I have to give myself a pat on the back. I did finish in 2ND place, and for someone who was just a little kid through the 1980's, to know that many 80's tunes has to count for something in this world. Laters.



















Oh wait, I do have one more pressing announcement. My mother, the one who reared me, the one who put up with all of my crap that I dished out, (hehe, believe me, there was a lot of crap) the one who would let my Dad take me to the ER when I would do something stupid like slice my leg open with a shard of glass running through some bushes, or shoot myself in the hand with a BB gun, (If you are wondering about that, it was accidentally on purpose.) has started her own blog. You can check it out here. Or here. Or even here. Or if I didn't do those links correctly, try this one. I mean, one of these links has to work right? So check her out if you have a chance, she won't disappoint.

OK, now I am done. 11:06, and time to rest my weary head. Or watch Leno.

7 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Thank you son for leading people to my blog. One of the reasons I didn't want to start one was because I didn't want to become, oh shall we say, super obsessed and spending half the day checking and re-checking to see if people have read my blog and left me comments.
No I have enough things in my life to worry about without that particular headache. Of course I have become [in just a few short days] obsessed with checking and
re-checking my blog to see if people are reading it and leaving comments. The PRESSURE! Oh the PRESSURE! I'm hoping to learn to enjoy my blog for what it really is.
Simply an outlet to put down my thoughts and ideas in a non-threatening kind of creative way.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Hey Sue, you can set your blog to email you whenever someone leaves a comment... that helps alleviate the obsessive checking. Now instead of checking the blog, I just check my email or my phone every five minutes to see if I have any new comments.. :)

Lisa Christine said...

oooo....I can't wait to receive a comment from my independent husband. You found a palm tree pic?? Perfect. Oh, and thanks for the link to your mom....I was having trouble finding it :)

Marilyn said...

You know what this means don't you? I expect to see you more often at my blog Donald! Just kidding. Visit whenever you want...like everyday :)

Jan said...

Donald that is awesome. It must be a great feeling to be able to express yourself not have to worry if you going to be confused with Lisa. I think that you will have alot more fun now with your mother on board. I love having family to be able to visit daily even though they don't live here. Way to go.

The Jan

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Hey The Donald,

Does your mom have a blog?

-mike

Randy said...

Found your own blog homie. I'll check back frequently. I never knew when it was you or Lisa leaving comments on my blog. Anyways, glad I found it.