Friday, January 23, 2009

Superfly Weekend Video

Now this is amazing. I have been watching Basketball since I was a little kid. Some of my first memories of watching it come from when I was around 2 or 3 and we lived in West Richland. My dad would sit in a chair from the dining room table about 5 feet away from the TV and watch sports. The only sports I remember him watching were WWF (Or maybe it was another 80's wrestling association, I don't know for sure.) and basketball. He is the reason for my love of both the Seattle Supersonics and the North Carolina Tar Heels.

So with that being said, I don't think I have ever seen a play like this before. Not in all of my years of playing on the playground. Not in any of the many basketball (High School/College/Pro ) games I have been too, and never on TV. Most of you have heard of an alley-oop play. For those of who are basketball deficient, it is a play where one player throws the ball up in the air, and another player jumps up, catches the ball in mid air, and then proceeds to make the shot. Most of the time the shot ends up being a dunk, but you don't necessarily have dunk it for a successful alley-oop.

I have seen this play 100 times over. But what I haven't seen is a double alley-oop. That is, until now. What is amazing is that this isn't the pros or college. It is a high school game, and from the looks of it not many people were there to actually see it. But because of the wonders of the Internet (More specifically YouTube.) we are able to enjoy it. I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing this added to playbooks across the country.




Simply Amazing.

10 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Hey, congratulations! You've been blogspammed... It's almost enough to make ya wanna add word verification...

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Awesome basketball play! That was so slick, I'd love to see it live!

My Three Sons said...

Nice! Although, I don't know a whole lot about basketball, I will take your word for it that that was a sweet move :) It looked pretty cool! Have a good day and take care of that darling wife of your's...go make her some yummy homemade chicken soup with homemade noodles and homemade bread :) (Oh, & then invite us over for dinner, hee hee)

Lisa Christine said...

I see you have a new friend :)

SuzanSayz said...

Like Nicole, i could have watched that and thought, "cool move" but I would never have know that moves like that weren't common occurrences.

KaTrina said...

Hey everyone, I had to make it so my blog was read-by-invite only because of... some great things that happened, I'm sure you'll see it in a comment.

I'm not replying to the comment, because I don't want to start anything.

But, if you can't view my blog, please e-mail me at subsidethefears@hotmail.com with your e-mail and I'll get it taken care of.

Thanks,
KaTrina

Alisa said...

Word verification doesn't stop those guys. But administrator approval does!

The boys in the house (Jared and visiting brother) enjoyed the post. I say, "Umm...okay..."

:-)

CARRIE H said...

Just for you I won't comment in CAPS :) I have to admit I hate b-ball but this was an impressive dunk. And I will also say you are a brave man for admitting you love for Miley Cyrus. So I guess after the b-ball post I can put you back in the manly blogs that I read. C

Heather said...

I love b-ball and that was cool.

David said...

donald, how often do you update this thing? and lisa tells me you're planning another blog too?