Friday, November 7, 2008

Happiness is...

~Filling up my gas tank this morning for $32.82, when a couple months ago it would cost about $55.39.

~Watching Lorelai be the most loving big sister to Elisabeth. Those two have a special bond.

~The upcoming weekend.

~That Lisa's music teacher, who has like 3 PhD's and is a world class musician, agrees with everything I had been saying about the election.

~Getting to go home a little early today so I can go with Lisa to pick up Alexandra from school.

~Working on my new favorite project, my 1971 Chevy Nova.

~Spending time with my wife Lisa after we put the girls to bed. It is our time to unwind.

~ The $4.50 BBQ Burrito from Chico's Tacos. (Hey, that sounds good tonight Lisa, lets go there for supper!)

~Knowing that no matter what happens, I will always have the love and support of my wife and children. In their eyes I am #1. And I feel the same way about them.

This might sound like a girlie man post, but every once in awhile you need to look at the bright side of life. Too many times we don't.

Have a good weekend everyone. After this week, you all deserve it.

12 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

This post was not girly at all son. Being aware and appreciative of all you have is a wonderful quality in anyone. I also am so happy that you look forward to things like going with Lisa to pick up Alexandra. As wonderful as dad is, going with me to pick kids up from school, would have felt almost like a punishment to him. He gets a free pass on that one of course. He's so good in so many other ways.
Oh, and if you guys do go to Chicos tonight count me in.

::lindsay said...

Love the cheap gas. It puts a smile on our faces too.

Jared and I are huge fans of the BBQ burrito at Chico's tacos. We used to eat those all the time when we lived over there.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I filled up Monday at $2.23 per gallon, and I noticed yesterday that our Fred Meyer's listed price is now $2.29, which after the reward card becomes an amazing $2.19! And the van needs gas today, so that'll be where it gets it!

It's definitely good to be appreciative of the finer things in life. It's kinda contagious!

Lisa Christine said...

My favorite post ever. You are #1...no doubt about it.

And for the record...I believe that Rob has 7 PhD's

Love you forever...and ever...and ever.

Looking forward to New Zealand :)

Jan said...

Estrogen is good. Even for a man sometimes. Loved this Donald. Ed is working on his Barcuda. He just got his vintage tires the other day. Cruising sounds great next summer. Maybe Mitch will be up for it.

The Yancey Family said...

Boys are allowed to be happy too! I like you new background, it's easier to read than the old one!

Jamie said...

yah, you ought to be turning in your man card! j/k it's a sweet post.
okay, i know i'm so lame, i have your check in an envelope right in front of me....but no address.....will you email it to me? uteinky2006@yahoo.com

thanks!

Jill S. said...

I, too, am thankful for cheap gas! And nice to see a man that loves his wife so much and enjoys spending time with them!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the Friday happy, Don. Even if it is a little girlie. ;)

Randy said...

See what a new calling in the ward will to do you Donald? Good luck to you in that. You wil be awesome. You just need to keep D in line...

libbie said...

I also like this post . . . and I have always known you were a little girlie. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Girls rule.

Yasmine said...

Ah, Rob. I knew I liked that guy. I love this post. Very inspiring.