Thursday, June 26, 2008

CONTEST TIME!!!!!

OK, I have decided to have a little contest. As you know, there are many pictures out there on the Internet of both real and fake origins. I have a list of 50 pictures that have been collected, and it is your job to decide which ones are the real thing, and which ones are fake. The contest will run until 10 pm (Pacific Daylight Time) Monday, June 30th.


All answers can be emailed to me at donald.sorenson@gmail.com Be sure to mark all answers either REAL or FAKE. In the event of a tie, all of the winning names will be placed in a hat, and I will draw the winner. And yes, I realize that some of these pics are real pictures with innaccurate descriptions. I have taken this into account.


This is also a great oppourtunity for all of you blog lurkers to come out from behind the curtain and introduce yourself. I would love to mail this gift to someone I didn't know read my blog.



The prize that you will be vying for is a case of Dr. Pepper soda. And not just any case of Dr. Pepper either! The kind of Dr. Pepper that I will be giving away is Dublin Dr. Pepper made with PURE IMPERIAL CANE SUGAR!! Trust me when I say that Dr. Pepper made with pure cane sugar is 100 times better than the stuff made with high fructose corn syrup. It is bottled at the olderst Dr. Pepper bottling plant in Dublin, TX.




Don't like Dr. Pepper? Well if you happen to win, I will think up something else for you, like maybe some of my world famous DonSalsa! So get those entries in, and I will announce a winner on Tuesday, July 1st. Good Luck!!!



1.

2.
3.
4.
5.
6. 7.

8.

9.


10.



11.


12. 13.
14.
15.
16.


17.
18.
19. 20.
21.

22.

23.

24
25.
26.

27.
28.
29.


30.
31.
32.
33.
34.

35. 36.

37.

38.
39.
40.
41.

42.
43.

44.
45.
46.
47.

48.
49.

50.


OK, that is all of them. Good Luck!!!




16 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

All I know for sure is that number 30 is real. That's what ballerina's who moonlight as hookers use for footwear.
One more thing, why is it that women only require a comment, while men always make you work for it. I feel that I must sit this one out as a protest to having to work for my prize. However everyone else please play Donald's game. I will do your protesting for you.

The Donald said...

Mom, why does it not surprise me that you are being a party pooper? Oh Well.

And I think that you mean number 29 is real. The numbers are on the top of the pics, not the bottom.

And yes EVERYONE PLAY MY GAME!!!

meohmyers said...

Interesting post. My husband and my son helped me with my answers. We probably butchered it but I'll email you our guesses anyway!

Hope we win! I'm a huge fan of Dr. Pepper and DonSalsa!!

Yasmine said...

Ok, I secretly read your blog Don!
--Jason

We can't figure some of these pics out! We'll try our best though.
-yaz

Lisa Christine said...

I will get my answers to you tomorrow! But if I win I will pass the prize on to the second place winner :) We all know that I am not crazy about Dr. Pepper....no matter what it's made with!

Love you!

Stephanie said...

I agree with your mom.

For sure it is too taxing for a midage unable to sleep woman's brain.
Have a great day.
Elisabeth's Mom

Jan said...

I have seen quite a few of these pictures. I will set down with Ed this afternoon and go over them. He is good at fakes. Well he married me, maybe not a good choice in spotting a fake. Hilarious pictures and I 'll get on it. I have never had the authentic Dr. Pepper before. Have you ever tried Dr. Salt? I heard it is really nasty tasting.

Have a great day Donald.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Susan, it's because we can "ASK" or "REQUIRE" all we want, but nobody will fess up to reading our blogs unless we bribe them.

So along those lines, I'll be doing another contest soon too.

You can feel free to protest it, since you probably wouldn't win anyway! HA!! BURN!!! =)

SuzanSayz said...

Mike!!!! Is that the respect you show your older sister? Well is it, is it? And for you SON I am not always a party pooper. I like to think of myself as the voice of the common man.
And now I think I might just play your little game. Hows that for non-party-poopery?

SuzanSayz said...

Oh. One more thing you little brat. I shall hand deliver my answers by saturday at the latest.

Anonymous said...

whats your email? Oh, I am doing them all by myself. It's not really a challenge if you have one to three other people helping you is it? So if I place low, at least I will know I did it by myself. ;)

SuzanSayz said...

Well I am officially out of the running. I took my answers over to Donald's he graded my paper ( it was so very suspensful) and needless to say I failed miserably.He gave me a D. I have had a bit of a think though. He didn't think about this little twist. I now have all of the answers and under the proper conditions I could be bribed.

SuzanSayz said...

MANIACAL LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!

The Yancey Family said...

Okay, the one with the eye and the worm thing in it made me want to puke, and I am a nurse! What is your deadline for the answers? I need Brett to see these!

The Yancey Family said...

Sorry, I just saw that you already put the deadline in your post, but my A.D.D made me forget by the time I got to the end of the pictures. By the way, I am SO winning this contest!

Jan said...

I can not believe that I blew this one. I had company last night and completely got side tracked. Good luck to whoever and I am excited to see who got this one closest to being right.

Great idea Donald.