Thursday, August 28, 2008

Doing My Part For Mother Earth...Kinda

For those of you who know me, you know that I am conservative when it comes to politics. There is no way that I would ever think of voting for Comrade Obama. I am coming to grips with having John McCain as the nominee for the Republicans, even though there are some big issues that I disagree with him on. One of those issues is the whole "green" movement. Specifically Global Warming.

I don't believe in the myth of Global Warming for even a second. The earth has been warming and cooling, and then warming up again for millions of years. I am sorry, but the premise that we are doing something that is affecting the warming of the earth is one of the most moronic things to ever be mentioned. Especially since it all comes down to a different kind of green. The green of money.

It is not a well known fact that Al Gore is part of an investment group that stands to make millions off of the Global Warming scam.(If you want to read more, check out stories here and here) Of course the worst one in my eyes is G.E. They use their numerous media outlets (NBC in particular) to push different green technologies. The one product that I am very hostile towards are the compact fluorescent light bulbs. They say to use them because they use less energy, and can last for like 16 years. There have even been calls for all incandescent light bulbs to be banned, since they are not considered "eco friendly" like the CFLB's are.

Now I don't know about you, but to me the light emitted from CFLB's is crappy light. I light the nice yellowy glow from an old school light bulb. Not the whitish blue color that those rounded dung bombs produce. That, and you have to wait for the sucky things to warm up. And if you are a user of CFLB's, I hope that you know a little fact about them. They contain mercury. In case you don't know, mercury is a neurotoxin. Neurotoxins are bad. Well, unless you like nerve damage that is. Of course this is only if you drop one. I hope you have a steady hand.


All of this brings me to what this post is about. One of the things that environmental wack jobs pound on is the amount of fossil fuels we use. If they had their way, we wouldn't use any. Of course if that was the case, you could kiss all airplanes goodbye. But since these are not rational people that we are dealing with here, they don't want to hear it.


So about a year ago, Glenn Beck was talking on his show about how whenever he and his wife would drive their SUV's around Manhattan, they would always seem to get dirty looks. He explained about how the people there were disgusted by the fact that they owned not just one, but TWO SUV's! Two gas guzzling, environment destroying SUV's. This made Glenn think about some kind of sticker he could put on his car that might throw off these liberal envirowackos, and lead them to believe that these SUV's aren't as evil as others. And so the Hydrocarbon Eco sticker was born.

Now for those of you who don't know, hydrocarbon is another way to say OIL. That is what makes these stickers so great. Here is what they look like:




Pure brilliance if you ask me. Green border, and upside down mother earth, the word "eco." You can't go wrong with this sticker. It looks like all of those tree hugger stickers you see on those V dub vans and slug bugs that greenies drive. (well, for those who can afford them, the Toyota Prius. Talk about an ugly P.O.S! But that is another post by itself)

Here is the one that I have on my Accord:


So ladies and gents, those of you who are tired of the looks you get for using your right as an American to drive the monster that you do, these stickers are great. I have had two different people ask me how I converted my car to a hydrocarbon car. Both times I just smiled and said that I was lucky enough that someone had made it that way before I purchased it. And now every time I drive by a butt ugly Prius, the green freak will look at my back window, and think that there is another do gooder on the road trying to save the planet. It makes me giddy just thinking about it!

If anyone is interested in buying some, you can get them here. They come two to a pack, which comes in handy to those people that live in either Seattle, Portland, Boulder, (Colorado) or Northern California, since they will most likely be torn off of your car by some crazed environmentalist.

13 comments:

Em and Ms said...

That is hilarious. I have to agree about the whole green thing--it just bugs me. Yet these so-called environmentalists are the same ones who want to tear out the clean energy producing dams to save the salmon, who have never been proven to be affected by them. Matt was listening to talk radio all day yesterday and I guess there were some pretty funny things about anti-green. One guy called in and said he bought a big stack of styrofoam cups just to throw them away. Another guy said he waited outside the gas station until he ran out of gas just to fill up again.

The funniest thing I found about global warming was when I went to pick up an ibuterol inhaler from the pharmacy. I was shocked when they charged me $30, which is the price I pay for brand-name prescriptions. I asked specifically for a generic! Then I found out the old inhalers apparently hurt the ozone (but miraculously not the person who's using it) so they had to come out with new ones. Right, like a teeny little puff from an inhaler that goes directly into the lungs of the person using it is really going to hurt the ozone. I think it was a dirty trick to get us to pay more.

SuzanSayz said...

Emily has sure hit on the biggest truth there is in all of this greenness. TO MAKE MONEY! Al gore is such a blow hard, and If you think he is doing all he can to save the earth, you better wise up. He is after money. The enviroes are some of the biggest bullies in the world today, I would compare them to the Taliban. They both want to force the world to bend to their way of thinking and in the process help themselves to all the spoils.

Rachael said...

I don't much about politics, like nothing at all really, but I have to say, it would be nothin but fun watchin you and Mitch talk about a bunch of stuff I know squat about. To see and listen to the two of you together all riled up would be pure entertainment. Maybe you guys should through an Election Day Party....

Jennifer said...

Don--

I am in love with this post. I am so annoyed w/the green movement myself, I was thinking of posting about it, but yours is so good, now I won't have to. I love your sticker! When we lived in Portland, we always thought it'd be fun to buy a Yukon or Expedition and drive around downtown with a Ralph Nader sticker on the back, just to confuse people.

So help us if Obama wins. Then again, would John McCain do much better? I actually have a morbid curiosity to see what will happen if Obama wins. At least it will pave the way for Romney in four years, which is what I HOPE (to use Obama's patented word) for.

Your blog rules!

Janice Head said...

MUST HAVE BUMPER STICKER! Actually, Craig and I joke that we are much greener than most liberals we know. We used cloth diapers, Craig takes the bus to work and rides his bike home when he can, and I just got luggage for my bike and have been taking it to the store and to run errands. But we do it because it MAKES SENSE, SAVES MONEY, and we need the exercise.

Lisa Christine said...

They better not take our light bulbs away...

Unknown said...

I don't know about global warming -- the scientific community seems to believe it's really happening stating that there's a correlation between it and the amount of carbon in the atmosphere. They've been wrong before. Scientists aren't above taking $ either. It's ironic that all these hippies think that plugging your car in instead of filling it up with gas will reduce air pollution. Last time I checked, most of our electricity came from burning coal and natural gas. Same goes for San Francisco & their "green" electric buses and trolleys. I do have a problem with pollution. All the "clean coal" commercials bug me. We might give credit to the French this once & follow their example by going nuclear. Also, we need to start drilling off shore, as well as take advantage of all the oil under Texas that has yet to be tapped. People around here say there's way more oil than in all the middle east. It's all about the $ though -- supposedly cheaper to buy it from another country & import it than it is to produce it here, that is if you only count the $. If you count the jobs lost, it's a whole other story. Who knows, maybe Pemex will get privatized, and export a bunch of their gas to the US, hopefully offering more competitive prices. When I was down there a couple weeks ago, the gas was a little over half what it costs here.

Janice said...

Love this post. I also love Glen Beck, so you are my kind of person.

Janice said...

Oh, I was born and raised in Boulder, CO. It made me the the conservative I am today. :)

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

Donald - quite simply, I love it!!! This is really good, very clever!!! I am going to start the hydrocarbon "movement" down under!!! I will see if they will post them to Australia.

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tharker said...

I NEED one of these stickers! Brilliant!

I also just saw the Wal*Mart bingo game a couple of posts down. My husband and I both wholeheartedly agree with each one! So funny!