Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Real or Fake? Here are the answers!

OK, the entries have all been received, and I would like to thank all of you who played the game. It was a lot of fun going through the answers from the 13 people who gave it a shot. There is a three way tie for first place, and I will be announcing the winner on July 2nd. So until then, here are the answers to whether the photo was real or fake. I even have included the reference link for proof on some of the pics that I received the most varied answers on. So here we go!




1. Real

2. Fake
3. So Fake, but I had to throw in an easy one
4. Fake
5. Fake..but the USA is still the best place on earth!
6. Fake 7. Real, It is the Millau Bridge in Southern France

8. Real. That is a lot of Meow Mix

9. FAKE! This one really zinged people, because it was so well done. Check out the store on this pic here.


10. Real. Another one of those that might look fake but is real. Read about it here.



11. Fake. C'mon, there is not way.

12. Real. This is what happens when the lab rat making 10 bucks an hour doesn't properly clean a test tube. 13. Real
14. Real. For those of you who can't tell, that is a human arm they are holding up. That's right...man eating alligator. Or Croc. I don't know the difference. But read about it here.
15. Real...those crazy illegals!
16. Fake


17. This was a little hard to see, but it is a snake pulling another animal out of the water. I think it is a marmot or something like that. Read about it here. 18. Fake.
19.Real 20. Real. Dumb Pit bull...They never learn when enough is enough.
21. Fake. You might not like Dubya, but even you can't believe this is real for a second.

22. Fake

23. Real..and very big. This is another one of those pics that are real, but have a phone story with it. Get the real scoop right here.

24. Real
25. Real. And really cool!
26. Real. I bet those golfers haven't ran that fast in a while!

27. Real
28. Fake
29. Real...but unless you have a shoe fetish you might have never seen them before. Read more here.


30. Real
31. Real
32. Fake
33. Real. Dust storm in Iraq. As if fighting terrorists isn't difficult enough.
34. Real Cyclops kitty. Don't believe me? Check it here.

35. Real...It is a gator having deer jerky for dinner 36. Real

37. Fake

38. C'mon now, what do you think? fake.
39. Ha! REAL! I got most of you with this one. Read about "Moose" here!
40. Fake.
41. Real. It make you wonder that if Saddam had time to bury a frickin' MiG jet, doesn't it make sense he had time to move his weapons ops somewhere too?

42. Alas, this is real. Check it!
43. Real. From the outside, you can't see in. I still wouldn't use this facility though.

44. Real.
45. Fake..but if you think it is real, I will tell you about when I was abducted by aliens.
46. Real. Not a great day when you have worms growing in your eye socket.
47. Real. All the catfish wanted to do when he grew up was be a baller.

48. Real. And very very cool. Once again, god bless the USA and the brave men and women that defend her!!!
49. Real. Animals know where their safe spot are.

50. Fake.
So there you have it, all 50 pictures are now labeled what they are. Stay tuned for the announcement of the winner on Wednesday!


14 comments:

Jan said...

I got the spider thing really wrong. Those were some awesome pictures. I can't wait to see who won. I really thought the see thru skirt was real. I saw that somewhere before.

The one that blows my mind, is that big white dog. Can you say bandrupt in dogfood? And the worm in the eye thing, grosser than gross.

Really a great idea.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I know I didn't play but this was awesome. I loved all the pics. I didn't want to embarrass myself by getting all of them wrong.

Thanks, I enjoyed guessing anyway.

SuzanSayz said...

Donald, you have too much time on your hands.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I think I did okay.. Can't believe I got the "RAND Home Computer" wrong... I knew it wasn't actually a "futuristic vision of what a home computer might look like" but I thought I'd looked it up in the past and found that it was a real pic. Totally wrong! I guess it's proof that I didn't look everything up before answering!

Lisa Christine said...

I totally didn't get what number 47 was supposed to be a picture of. Instead of a catfish with a ball in its mouth, I thought it was supposed to be some sci-fi sea monster walking up from the depths of the ocean. Now that really would be fake. Oh well....

Thanks for the fun Donald. I enjoyed this little game of yours :)

Love you!

::lindsay said...

Is there an award for getting the most wrong? Yeah, that would be me.

Kristen said...

Hey Donald. This was fun, even though I didn't get my answers to you. If there's another contest I'll try to do better ;O).

Heather said...

Lisa I'm glad you admitted to thinking it was an alien... cuz I didn't know what that pic was either!

I hope I win, this baby needs some salsa.

Anonymous said...

I knew the black and white computer thing was a fake. If you look at the tv it is clearly photo shopped in. And what the heck is 47? I still cant tell what it is. I was fooled on the humming birds. That looked photo shopped too. I knew about the cat. It is a Maine Coon. Donald, 50 is real....that's Tinkerbell. Duh. :)

libbie said...

Ummmmmm . .. I don't think I won anymore!

Nicole said...

OK, so #47 looked like a power ranger coming out of the water - and the frog in the peas? I totally thought those were grapes. Some of these were HARD. Fun game!

meohmyers said...

Wow. I didn't do that bad! But the skirt in #37. Isn't that a real skirt? I know it's not her real legs and undies showing through the skirt, but it's a real skirt. That wasn't photoshopped, you can buy that skirt, right?

The Yancey Family said...

I totally thought that the catfish with the ball in it's mouth was a sci-fi creature of some sort too! That, or a diver with a weird helmet. I did get it right though. Overall, I didn't do nearly as good as I thought I did! I can't wait to see who won!

The Donald said...

Kim,
Nope this skirt is fake. Here is the link:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/skirts.asp

I am going to draw the winning name here shortly, and will post the winner tomorrow!