Friday, September 5, 2008

Double Feature: Weekend Video, and my pick for idiot of the week

OK, I have a video to share, but first I have to address something that I saw in the newspaper today. For those of you who follow the NFL, you know all about Chad Johnson, the outspoken wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals. He is the He likes to call himself "Ocho Cinco" (for you who do not know a lick of Spanish, that would make 85) in reference to his playing number.
For those of you who don't know about Chad Johnson, the guy is in love with himself. I would not be surprised in the least if he kisses his reflection in the mirror. Mr. Johnson has had some memorable touchdown celebrations, which include giving the football CPR, proposing to a cheerleader after a score, and holding up a sign that said. "DEAR NFL, PLEASE DON'T FINE ME AGAIN!!!" Which of course drew another fine.
All of things stunts he has pulled have not bothered me really. But for some reason, his newest thing puts him over the top into the "Look at me, I am an Idiot!" category. Like I mentioned earlier, he likes to go by the nickname, "Ocho Cinco" He liked it so much in fact that he wanted to have it be his name on the back of his jersey. But the NFL only allows legal surnames on the backs' of players jerseys. So you know what this brain stem did? What any red blooded American would do of course. He changed his last name. To OCHO CINCO! (I bet you didn't see THAT coming, did you??) And since it is now his official surname, the NFL must allow him to have it on the back of his jersey.
So my friends, Mr. Chad Ocho Cinco is my inaugural "Idiot of the week." Feel free to let me know what you think about it.

Now for the video of the week. How many of you have lost track of your child in a grocery store? Sometimes kids wander off into the darnedest places. Here is a store security camera that caught where one little girl went too. I had no idea that a child could even fit into one of these!



Have a good weekend everyone. And watch out for those toy vending machines!

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

The best part is the kid cleaning the windows like there wasn't anything unusual going on.

Em and Ms said...

Lisa, that's exactly what I was thinking! I also love when her little head first pops up in the machine. That really was incredible, and I couldn't stop laughing! Really, who would have thought?

Okay, and that football player? Doesn't he know 80 in spanish is ochenta? Some people...

Yasmine said...

That is something Hunter would do. I agree with Lisa about the window cleaner.

And when did you add Yvette to my name??????????

SuzanSayz said...

The kid cleaning windows really did make this whole clip over the top. I would really like to know where the rest of the store's employees were. Sure let the kid stay in the machine, just make sure those damn doors and windows get cleaned. I would be judgemental towards the parents, but I could too easily see Lorelai doing the same thing, so I will keep my judgements on hold.
I never pay much attention to football players but this guy does seem to have quite the ego. And of course he is an incredible idiot.

tharker said...

How is it even possible that she fit through that hole?!!! Crazy!

That poor mom or Grandma or whoever was taking care of the little girl. I'm sure she was PANICKED!

I too love that once she got up in there she was all too happy to play with the toys and clean the windows.

I was thinking the same as Susan. Where in the world were the store employees???

Okay, Mr. Ocho Cinco....IDIOT!

Jan said...

The guy cleaning the windows is over the top hilarious. Get to work as a munchigan is in the toy machine. I can't get over this whole video. So many freaky elements. Who is watching who? Then they leave the store as if nothing happens, and he cleans up the box. That boy is the classic part of the whole thing.

Jessica said...

Let me guess, a Wal-mart stuffed animal dispenser? Has anyone ever gotten anything out of those things? I would have been freaking out if my child was stuck in one of those. And I think my children are smart enough to freak out too!

libbie said...

Of course, another hilarious video. And Ocho Cinco, what a frickin joke. How bout that KeHS KaHS game. Stupid Lions, blew it in triple OT. Oh well. We will be attending most all of the games this year as my brother is on the team.
We also need to get together soon now that I have a house, and of course talk politics, a subject wich the both of us see eye to eye on!